Kaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Kaos! Please use the forum properly and follow the guidelines set by the staff. Enjoy!

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inAppeal a ban.READ THE RULESChat with other online members.Join the Kaos Steam group!Kaos's YouTube ChannelJoin our TeamSpeak server!
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Activate the server please
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty12/15/2012, 3:49 pm by KillerPlayr

» what happened?
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty10/26/2012, 2:37 pm by Dragyn

» Noooo, i didnt!
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty10/26/2012, 2:34 pm by Dragyn

» No, he didnt
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty10/26/2012, 2:28 pm by Dragyn

» Hey guys! I'm back!
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty10/3/2012, 8:33 pm by jumbomuffin

» Poll: Server Sided Characters
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty4/10/2012, 5:24 pm by Phoenix

» The Spawn Has Been Griefed
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty4/10/2012, 4:36 pm by Kaoe

» Phoenix Staff Application
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty4/10/2012, 1:09 pm by Phoenix

» hazzer99 staff application [DENIED]
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty4/2/2012, 4:48 pm by Kaoe

Most active topics
List of Hackers and Griefers
Ideas for Events
This is getting ridiculous.
I made a forum banner thingy.
kaos my team is better than you
The Spawn Has Been Griefed
hey there how's it going?
Forum Discussion; the other white meat.
cuevas9999
Poll: Server Sided Characters
Most Viewed Topics
Forum Discussion; the other white meat.
Server Rules
cuevas9999
Poll: Server Sided Characters
Activate the server please
List of Hackers and Griefers
Felix's Staff Application [APPROVED]
Welcome to Kaos!
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained)
Gallery
I made a forum banner thingy. Empty

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paradon
Member Rank I
Member Rank I

PostSubject: I made a forum banner thingy.   I made a forum banner thingy. Empty1/17/2012, 5:01 pm

I saw this site and the first thing I noticed is that the banner on the top of the page is a tad lifeless, so I tough I'd be nice and make a new one!

This took maybe 30-60 min but I think the result is pretty good.

I made a forum banner thingy. Bc6f

Please tell me what you think and feel free to use it for the site.
It should be the right dimensions.
Back to top Go down
Kaoe
Admin
Kaoe

PostSubject: Re: I made a forum banner thingy.   I made a forum banner thingy. Empty1/17/2012, 5:19 pm

Hello Paradon, welcome to Kaos. Yes the current banner is rather boring, it took me less than two minutes to make and the reason it is as it is, is because the previous banner that we had, had been deleted, and all I had was a smaller version that was around 75x100, the current banner is just a temp fix until I have the time to make an actual banner. Now on to your banner...

I like the banner, this is a solid statement. There are a few problems with the banner that I would like to point out though... The steam group URL does not have the word 'Steam' in front of it, as seen with 'YouTube' just below. I also think the large "Terraria" is a bit to bright, or "glowy". I like the detail with the words and the blur of the background, however, none of it really matches the theme of the website, if you'll notice, the background on the website is stars, and the layout itself is many shades of grey, black, and trimmed with shades of dark blue, along with all text being white. These are my only problems with the banner as of now.

If you would like to make another banner that matches the theme of the website I think I might consider using it. Another idea for the banner could be that instead of, or along with having the links to the different groups and what not (Steam & YouTube), you could instead integrate the banner to go along with the navigation bar buttons that represent the said groups and such. For example, you could somehow show that there are buttons for the steam and YouTube links in the navigation bar with possibly arrows pointing to them, or some other creative way.
Keep in mind that if they are looking at the banner, they are probably already joined as part of the community, so having "Join now!" probably isn't relevant in a banner, but if you wanted to make a forum signature, it would work nicely.
It is okay if you decide not to make another banner, I won't take it personally in any way.
Back to top Go down
http://kaos.betaboard.net
Paradon
Member Rank I
Member Rank I

PostSubject: Re: I made a forum banner thingy.   I made a forum banner thingy. Empty1/17/2012, 5:24 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I might make a new version.
Also, in my opinion, the background fits the website pretty well thinking of all the blue.
The "Steam:" text not being there is a very stupid mistake of me. If I make another version I'll probably semove all that tect and make some "Chat, Youtube and Steam down here" text instead.

I would also be intrested in seeing your old version of the banner, for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Kaoe
Admin
Kaoe

PostSubject: Re: I made a forum banner thingy.   I made a forum banner thingy. Empty1/17/2012, 5:40 pm

The old banner wasn't really very good, I didn't even make it, it was just a mushroom biome and it sort of blended in with the site.

But that is another idea, if you decide to make another one, making the edges blend in with the color behind it would improve the feel by a tensome.

Here are the specs for the background color:
I made a forum banner thingy. 3304t1s

Here is the old banner:
I made a forum banner thingy. 1322885238-
Back to top Go down
http://kaos.betaboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made a forum banner thingy.   I made a forum banner thingy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1