Kaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Kaos! Please use the forum properly and follow the guidelines set by the staff. Enjoy!

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inAppeal a ban.READ THE RULESChat with other online members.Join the Kaos Steam group!Kaos's YouTube ChannelJoin our TeamSpeak server!
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Activate the server please
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty12/15/2012, 3:49 pm by KillerPlayr

» what happened?
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty10/26/2012, 2:37 pm by Dragyn

» Noooo, i didnt!
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty10/26/2012, 2:34 pm by Dragyn

» No, he didnt
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty10/26/2012, 2:28 pm by Dragyn

» Hey guys! I'm back!
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty10/3/2012, 8:33 pm by jumbomuffin

» Poll: Server Sided Characters
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty4/10/2012, 5:24 pm by Phoenix

» The Spawn Has Been Griefed
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty4/10/2012, 4:36 pm by Kaoe

» Phoenix Staff Application
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty4/10/2012, 1:09 pm by Phoenix

» hazzer99 staff application [DENIED]
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty4/2/2012, 4:48 pm by Kaoe

Most active topics
List of Hackers and Griefers
Ideas for Events
This is getting ridiculous.
I made a forum banner thingy.
kaos my team is better than you
The Spawn Has Been Griefed
hey there how's it going?
Forum Discussion; the other white meat.
cuevas9999
Poll: Server Sided Characters
Most Viewed Topics
I made a forum banner thingy.
Forum Discussion; the other white meat.
Server Rules
cuevas9999
Poll: Server Sided Characters
Activate the server please
List of Hackers and Griefers
Felix's Staff Application [APPROVED]
Welcome to Kaos!
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained)
Gallery
Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaoe
Admin
Kaoe

Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty
PostSubject: Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained)   Why was the server down for so long? (1.1.1 update problems explained) Empty12/21/2011, 1:42 pm

Hello everyone, first of all welcome back! As I'm sure you know if you're an existing member of the community, the server was down for about a week. This was due to Terraria updating to 1.1.1, this problem has now been resolved. But that wasn't the only problem. Without me knowing, the permissions became void after the update. I also could not log in to the server because I had updated my Terraria client to v1.1.1, this meant that I could not tell what was going on besides what people said, and executed. So when I shut the server down for the routine half an hour down-time I decided to check on the world in single player. OH MAN, that was a good idea because the spawn had become corrupt and parts of the walls were missing and a lot of the furniture in the spawn building was stolen, as well as none of the NPCs were alive any longer. This obviously meant that players could break things and that the server was outdated, or vanilla. I spent a few days waiting for the server files to update, but then I realized that since I had no admin powers, that I could not fix the spawn with any commands. It took me about a day to fix the spawn building and remove the corruption from all nearby areas. I had to do this all MANUALLY! That's right, I literally took purification powder, stone blocks, and whatever else needed to be replaced and fixed the spawn by hand. In addition, I completely refurbished the spawn building with banners, flooring tile (so that hollow would not infect the spawn building), mannequins, and various other tools, helpful devices to make the spawn better than ever! There is still minor griefing about 200 tiles to the right of the spawn, but I plan on fixing this asap. Hopefully this topic helps you to understand how much time up keeping a server costs me, and that it's worth it for you guys (and girls), and for me. If you found this helpful or have questions just write a response to this topic below, thanks! Oh, and for those of you who are nearing a winter break I hope you enjoy it, and Merry Christmas! santa
Back to top Go down
http://kaos.betaboard.net

Page 1 of 1